Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Shrimp Ala Diabla

July 7, 2013


Well, ate out after services this morning, so definitely eating at home tonight, which in some ways is a relief, minus the heat, but I must say at least I know what I'm getting.  Of course we have our go-to favorites, but I'm really trying to branch out in the name of blogging interest, but like with Palermo's sometimes leaves much to be desired.  So anyway, as my whole family knows, I hope to see the audition halls of Master Chef one day, so have been working on recipes and presentation, and with that in mind this was dinner.

My version of shrimp ala diabla with lime flavored white rice (usually add fresh cilantro, but my nephew was here and doesn't like it...) and side of whole black beans.

My son the foodie, and critic, loved it, but my nephew, who does love seafood, found the shrimp too spicy for his tastes, and hubby loved it.  I love spice, so I enjoyed it, just didn't like the time it took to de-head, de-shell, and de-vein the damn shrimp, but now I have a quart of nice stock, so guess worth it in the end, lol!!


No comments:

Post a Comment